Website Rest-Stop-Ranch Inc.
Seasonal Part-Time Job
The Coordinator is the first face of open, affirming, acceptance at the outdoor Welcome Area, and provides a critical connection between guests, volunteers, and program administration.
- Wage = $15./hr.
- Time = 8 hrs./wk.
- Duration = Approx. 25 weeks, April – October
- Schedule = Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Program Description & Provisions
Private Garden Time by RSVP, free-of-charge, is available Tuesdays/Thursdays, 1pm – 4pm, April – October. Reservations by phone: 978-887-4202 (Mary), at least 24 hours prior to visit. At the start of each garden program session, the Coordinator settles in at an umbrella-covered teak table, the Welcome Table. A Program Kit will be on the table, or at the Cottage Office:
– A Program Cover Sheet, with:
– a list of Garden Guest Volunteers (ideally 3-5 per session)
– a list of Garden Guest RSVPs for the day (by time)
– notes area for Team
– Program Registration Forms
– Program Paper Materials (Brochures, Garden Maps, etc.)
Role Description & Responsibilities
– Manage Welcome Table Area, including: parking, program registrations, guest safety, Q+A.
– Coordinate Garden Guest Volunteers (ideally 3-5 per session), across 3 garden areas.
– During “quiet time” at the Welcome Table Area, garden clean-up is encouraged.
A. Team Meeting
The Coordinator facilitates a team meeting where volunteers decide coverage across 3 garden areas (Front, Secret, Cottage). Ideally 1 volunteer per garden area, plus 2 volunteers at the Welcome Table.
B. Guest Parking
As guests arrive, the Coordinator welcomes and directs them to one of two parking areas, based on guests’ physical ability and special needs. Instruct guests to return directly to Welcome Table Area for
registration and information prior to exploring gardens.
C. Guest Registration and Information
Directly after parking, guests return to Welcome Table Area to complete a paper and pen program registration form to the best of their ability. Sometimes guests need assistance filling out the form, and
the Coordinator, with volunteers, may help. The forms are confidential to Rest-Stop-Ranch, they help us measure and collect:
– Number of guests served per month and year
– Guest information for program funders and future outreach
– Guest feedback and questions
Additional program paper materials: brochures, garden maps, etc. may be available for guests.
D. Team Debrief
Facilitate a Team Debrief, to discuss overall feelings, successes, challenges, surprises, and lessons learned. Record the feelings and thoughts shared, and bring all papers (Cover Sheet, Registration
Forms, Program Paper Materials) to the Cottage Office. 2022 – RSR Jobs – Job Info Sheet – Garden Guest Services Coordinator, Final 010322 Page 1 of 2
Required Experience, Abilities & Skills
– A positive can-do attitude and an open mind
– An enthusiastic willingness to represent Rest-Stop-Ranch’s mission and vision
– Experience coordinating people with different roles, abilities, and personalities
– Experience coordinating papers for office follow-up
– Ability to see/hear/speak clearly, and move about the 3 garden areas easily
– Ability to manage Welcome Table for 3 hours, busy and slow times, rain or shine
– Skill to warmly welcome all people without judgement or bias
– Skill to collect and manage carefully personal information
– Skill to write clearly with pen on paper
– Skill to communicate verbally and non-verbally
– Skill to create a safe environment, assess dynamic safety, and follow safety best practices
– Skill to “keep calm and carry on” with a sense of humor
A mature individual able to commit to the full season schedule, April – October.
Spring/Summer vacation time is ideally discussed and pre-planned at beginning of season.
– Family or professional care-giving
– Working with persons living with long-term illness or disability (care-receiving)
– Education “in the field”
– Garden interest and some knowledge (i.e. how to dead-head a rose)
– Interest or knowledge in horticultural therapy practices
2022 COVID Safety Practices in the Garden
Garden Guest Services Coordinator and Volunteers are responsible for their own safety and for creating a safe environment for guests. Wear a face-mask in the garden when interacting
directly with guests, or if guests are within 10 feet. Hand-sanitizer will be available at the Welcome Table and at the entrance/exit of 3 garden areas.
Recruiting for this Job
2022 January – February
Training for this Job
Apply for this Job:
Please e-mail to [email protected], hiring manager, or post mail to:
Mary E MacDonald
202 Haverhill Road
Topsfield, MA 01983
– A cover letter
– A volunteer application, 4 pages complete.
Thanks for your interest in joining our team at Rest-Stop-Ranch!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com